Northwest Trail Runs
Trail running in Washington
Northwest Trail Runs organizes trail running events in Washington State. The organizers are known for their well designed and clearly marked trail runs. The trails are built to cater for all types of runners to give them the best experience ever when it comes to trail running in Washington. The trails are located in beautiful parks that allow safe wild running that can also help you relax from the week’s stress and unwind when you experience the beautiful surroundings. The Washington trails will always keep you engaged. Instead of staying indoors for the weekend or going out to look for the best gifts for your running friends, you can consider trail running with your friends and make new friends from the many runners who participate in the running events.
Most running trails chosen by Northwest Trail Runs are located within 50 miles of downtown Seattle. The trails cater for all sorts of runners, whether you are a road runner looking for a new experience in trail running or a seasoned runner yearning for a new challenge, you will get it all. The Old-growth forest scenery around the trails is amazingly beautiful. The organizers of the trail runs have events planned in the coming months of the year that you can consider participating in by registering. Some are described below:
- Cedar Mountain Trail Run – This trail run will cover 5 miles and 10 miles and will be on Saturday, March 17 2017 25, 2017 at 9:30 am. The race will start at Petrovitsky Park, Renton. These racecourses are narrow and wide and feature short sections that wind through suburban neighborhoods and head to the forest again. The trails include 2 aid stations.
- Rattlesnake Ridge Run – The Rattlesnake Run is scheduled on April 15, 2017. The race will include a 5-mile run and half marathon starting at the Rattlesnake Ridge. The trail wanders through the length of the ridge and threads through dense forest. The valley below has few vistas. Participants will also enjoy aid station service with drinks and snacks.
- Spring Eagle Trail Run – This event will include 5-mile and 10-mile runs plus half marathon and marathon, there is something for everyone. The event starts at 8:30-9:30 am on Saturday, April 29, 2017. The trail run is in the heart of a suburban development on the Sammamish plateau.
- Woodland Park Zoom – The Woodland Park, Seattle event will feature 5km and 10km races. The event starts on Tuesday, May 9 2017 from 6:30 pm. The course has a savannah-like feel with lightly-wooded sections of the park. The land terrain features flat, gentle rolling, short and steep climbs as well as drops.
- Cougar Mountain Trail Run Series #1 – This is the first series of the year to be held on Saturday, May 13 2017 starting between 7:30 am-8:45 am. The race starting at King County’s Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park will include both 5.1-mile and 10.8 miles. The running ground has awesome rolling hills that you will love to run on. To be eligible for series standings, you have to participate in both the short series and the long series.
- Tiger Mountain Trail Run – This Trail run on Saturday, May 20 2017 starting at 8:30 am-10:00 am will include 5km, 12km, half marathon, and 50km. The trail runs travel through the expansive and magnificent forest. The Tiger Mountain scenery is beautiful and most people love it.
- Wilburton Hillbilly – This night trail run will start at 6:30 pm on Tuesday, May 23 2017. The event kicks at Wilburton Hill Park, Bellevue, and will include 4km, 8km, and 12km races. The area is home to the beautiful Bellevue Botanical Gardens and includes a kid’s play area, picnic area, and sports fields.
- The Teanaway Trail Run – This event will give runners a great experience in the Teanaway Community Forest. Participants can choose to run for 5km, 10km, half marathon, or marathon. The event starts between 8:00-10:00 am on Sunday, June 4 2017.
- Ravenna Run the Ravine – The Ravenna Run event to be held on June 6 2017 will start at 6:30 pm at the Ravenna Park, Seattle.
- Cougar Mountain Trail Run Series #2 – This event is scheduled for Saturday June 10, 2017 in King County’s Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park, Newcastle, WA.
Northwest Trail Runs make it possible for Washington state residents to enjoy nature as they workout and also unwind. From the many trail run events, you will at least have something to do on your weekends with all the cool running gear that you now own.