Lake Manchester Trails 2017 Information
Date: August 13th
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Start Time: 0800
Entrants, please note:
- start 8 am 22km 8:30 am 7K and allow time for registration, preparation, & briefing
- entrance and parking is 300m past the Lake Manchester Reserve entrance
- real coffee will again be onsite this year
- also hot dog included in your entry
- professional photos of you out on the course and/or certificates available to order (link will be emailed with results)
- 3-time runners collect their souvenir glass after the race
- bring your best wide toe box running shoes
If the forecast is for sunny we recommend you carry some water on the long course, although there are 5 water stops spaced on the long course. We will be going green this year, with disposable cups only at the first/last/far checkpoints, so we encourage runners to carry your own refillable container and/or water – it’s good practice for your training. If needed, review these tips on how to start running again.
Enjoy a different day out in the country and run or walk the trails beside Lake Manchester, just west of Mount Crosby. There are two options: a 6.5km run or walk beside the lake, or 22km adding upper Cabbage Tree Creek, creek crossings, and hills. All runs are on well-marked earth forestry trails. Prior to arriving, don’t forget to stretch those muscles used when running!